Friday, January 30, 2015

compartmentalizing some more

this is going to be quite interesting.  i typed out and posted a blog with a HUGE update - only to delete it, because i am still trying to figure out things over here.    i will need to create a private page for family updates and such.  one of these days, LOL.  i suppose this page will remain set to public and i will use it for gardening related postings, only.  that does make more sense, even to me.  so.......please bear with me.  and i hope my friends who post over here more frequently will help guide me through this process.  Imbolc is just about upon us once more, and so is the full moon.  i will be spending loads of time in the greenhouse this weekend - and doing a bit of  housekeeping and starting seeds.  the greenhouse is full of perennials and the surviving tropicals.  i'll need to move things around. the H has become very clever, in figuring out how to keep things warm in there, without spending an arm and a leg.  so far, so good!  in the veg garden, i've planted 3 types of potatos.  they did very well for us last year, and i found myself wishing that i'd planted more - so we'll see how this goes. we finally realized that the best way to go for good veggies is raised beds.  we finally got tired of fighting with the sandy soil.  we still need to make some more of those.  we are quite happy with them, and we've managed to grow some very respectable carrots and there is one bed filled with collard greens.   i did plant some pansies in the GG's little garden.  they're doing very well.  i am a bit disappointed that the larkspur seeds didn't germinate as well as i had hoped.  oh well, that's just life in the garden.  it should be quite an interesting year!

blessings to you and all that you grow.   Namaste

In every gardener there is a child who believes in The Seed Fairy. ~Robert Brault,rbrault.blogspot.com

13 comments:

  1. I didn't realize another full moon is arriving-love reading about your garden-hugs and welcome back to blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .......and we have contact, LOL. thanks again so much, Kath. i really do appreciate all of your help.

      Delete
    2. you are most welcome Sis-anytime just ask and what I don't know Loretta will I am sure she has seperate blogs here for art, garden, and regular-

      Delete
  2. Guess you heard from Loretta too. No I know you did. and here I am back here trying to sort this place out. I am trying to figure out how to get my notices when you guys post. I use to be all signed up and even though Blogger tells me I am still signed up with Loretta I get no notices. This is one of the reasons I didn't want to blog here, too confusing but I am going to keep at it because I am bored with facebook and I miss blogging. Glad to see your post. Hope the potatoes work out well. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. doing this again because I want to know if you respond and I have to click the notify me button

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i got notifications about your comments, Susan. i agree - FB is nice for some things, but like you, i am just feeling ready to blog again. there's much more to cyber friendships than clicking the 'like' button, LOL. hugs!

      Delete
    2. posted replys to you guys today because I can't sort out how to reply to your comments on my page. As usual this place is making me nuts. Taking it slow

      Delete
  4. Here at last, have even managed to sign in and become a 'member' of your page, but haven't figured out how to progress to being a 'friend' . I see Kathy is listed a your friend... have to ask her how to do it. Also..........about Imbolc...was thinking of next painting and maybe instead of just a spring theme I could do an Imbolc theme, what do you think?? any suggestions :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hooray, Loretta! an Imbolc painting sounds wonderful! you could try something with a seed theme, or Lady Brigid.....or baby lambs. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Deb, I've come in on Susan's shirt tail lol. I've been signed up here for years but couldn't seem to work out how it worked. It's nice to 'see' you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, hun! it's great to see you, too! yes, this place is quite a challenge to figure out. too bad they don't make it a bit easier to use. maybe some of the old gang would show up here it it was, eh? ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi! I've found you through Kathyinozarks wonderful blog :) I had such plans for a lovely Imbolc then ended up with leak in the bathroom plumbing and a headache as result of digging round under the bath for two hours - ah the best laid plans......So - it'll be a day late this year. The Universe can jolly well just forgive me I'm sure!

    Welcome back to blogging - I had a six month break last year and I'm really glad I picked up with it again and I look forward to your new posts. Hope the bugs and critters stay away from your lovely vegetable garden! Welcome-back-hugs from Shroo:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namaste, Shroo! oh, wasn't Imbolc a very trying and challenging time? i'm so sorry you went through all of that - and i sure do hope that things are working better for you now. i was not at my best, because i tripped while stepping up to the carport the day before. i had a very sore shoulder and was in a little pain - but thankfully nothing sprained or broken. AND the H has a really nasty cold, LOL.

      thanks for the welcome. it's wonderful to meet you. and here's hoping we'll both be able to enjoy the Full Quickening Moon tonight.

      thanks so much for the garden blessings! hugs to you too, darlin. XO

      Delete