Tuesday, August 27, 2013

random garden pics




Crape Myrtle "Black Diamond - Crimson Red"
yes - i most definitely have a penchant for plants that are a bit more unusual and unexpected.  in the background to the right is the veg garden.  just beyond, is a garden of sub-tropical Cannas and Red Hot Pokers. greenhouse is just beyond




Crinum Lily "Milk and Wine"....maybe?
this is an old heirloom that was on the property already, when we bought our house.  i divided it and moved it 3 years ago.  finally, this clump has bloomed! 

ivy growing up the oak - and a bit of whimsy.  you can see the Zen Bridge the H made, just in the background. 

a place my dear husband has named "The Meditation Station".  it is made entirely of scrap wood and stuff he had in his shed. he made the bench from a dead branch he removed from the Cedar Tree.  i painted it and added all the landscaping/plantings/decor/statuary.

i just like this pic, LOL


the statue of our old pooch Tarheel needs painting again.  gosh, i still miss him sometimes. 

16 comments:

  1. I adore your garden. I need you in our garden, especially now hubby has such a bad back! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd love to have a go at your garden, Jen! so glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking for a "Get new posts in your email" box to fill in, but you haven't got one. I've subscribed, but I don't think that tells you when there are new posts. It's just that I don't want to forget to come back here again (or how to find it) and getting the posts in your email is the best way, I find. :) So, what I'm saying is basically - can you add one please? LOL :)

      Delete
    2. okay, let me see if i can figure out how to do that. ;)

      Delete
    3. Awright! :D I put one onto my blog - and it's in the Layout menu. Click on "Add a gadget" and it should be in one or other of the lists that comes up. :)

      Delete
  3. Your garden is just so beautiful, the secret garden. The meditation station, that's where we took our pics together.
    Ah you have a statue of TarHeel. So wonderful. I was so glad to be able to meet that wonderful dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am going to find some evergreens to enclose it, so it will be much more enclosed.

      we had such a nice time meeting you, and even though Tarheel's old age was giving him problems, i know he was really happy to meet you and your Sister.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see you sounding like yourself again. I think this site will suit you better once you get used to it. I've had a long day, but wanted to pop in. Work is picking up again as it usually does this time of year. I'll be in and out. Still want to post my vacation pics, maybe this weekend I will have some time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, Lyn! yes, i feel much more comfy over here - so glad you've stopped by and i hope you've had a chance to decompress. *hugs*

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I always love looking at your garden and it does look really good here. It's nice to have your rightful name back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Loretta. ♥

      Delete
    2. Deb, if you haven't seen it.....................I have some photos on my forgetmenot blog that really made me think of your little moon garden. :-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Deb I missed this post somehow-I love garden photos-hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, Kath! so glad you stopped by. The Force has not been with me for blogging lately. *hugs*

      Delete
  7. sooooooooooo..............you given up here altogether or just having a break?? So happy to have you on FB should hate to lose contact with you :-)

    ReplyDelete